Our Commitment to You
Psychosis is treatable. Recovery is expected.
To improve the mental health and quality of life of youth and adults with psychosis by promoting early identification and providing optimal interventions in the critical period of the early years of psychosis. To achieve this, we will:
- Promote awareness and recognition of early psychosis.
- Enhance existing service delivery to youth and adults with early psychosis, as well as their families.
- Integrate youth and adult mental health services in the provision of clinical services.
- Provide rapid access to optimal, intensive, phase-specific treatment for early psychosis and deliver best practices clinical services.
- Develop a continuum of appropriate services for youth and adults with early psychosis within the existing mental health system and with community partners.
- Conduct outcome research and contribute to the development of knowledge about early psychosis.
Our practice philosophy includes:
- Biopsychosocial approach and developmental framework to assessment and interventions
- Active engagement and fostering of the therapeutic alliance
- Consumers and families as therapeutic partners
- Education as empowerment
- Minimize hospitalization
- Minimize restrictive and intrusive interventions
- Promotion of recovery and (re)integration into community
- Facilitation in meeting developmental challenges
- Ensure the continuity of care and evidence-based best practices among early psychosis service providers
- Bridging services and advocating systemic change
- Community mobilization